Light allergies are a part of everyday life. Every other person is afflicted with some form of allergy during their lifetime. An allergen can be anything like Natural pollen on a spring morning, Food, Chemicals, Fumes, Rodents, Virus, Bacteria, Moulds and Dust. While Allergy is the spontaneous hypersensitivity reaction of the body to these foreign agents, which result in aggravating one or more doshas ( vata/ pitta or kapha) in the body, it purely depends on the constitution of the individual. To be more specific , a pitta individual has pitta type of allergy afflictions, likewise vata and kapha types too have their own way of producing allergic symptoms.
According to Naturopathy allergies are common in people who have weak digestive fire. This means, they have accumulated toxins in their body causing weakened digestive system. Other causes include a weakened immune system which is also a direct reflection of Poor digestion.
Naturopathy Treatment to counteract allergies
- Identifying the allergen: And avoiding it, is the first and foremost step to overcome an allergic reaction and prevent recurrence in the future. E.g. in case of pollens avoid going out in the early mornings.
- Identifying the Dosha : It is necessary to visit a Nature cure center and meet with the doctor to have a detailed assessment of the aggravated dosha that had triggered the allergy.
- Check your clothings: It is always preferable to choose organic cotton clothing as when compared to the synthetic rayon and polyster which provokes the fur of pets and dust to stick on to them.
- Go for Kapha reducing foods: : Eat warm and light foods that are easy to digest. Consume Natural and organic fruits and vegetables. Cook with good amount sesame or coconut oil .
- Adopt a dietary cleanse: Use spices that can kindle the digestive fire like black pepper, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric etc. A ginger tea can greatly help.
- Flush out the excess: Take Trikatu in the day time before meals to spark the digestion and Triphala at night before bed to expel the toxins.
- Lubricate the Nasal passages: Instill two drops of sesame oil into each of your nostril in the night before bed. Practice Jalaneti using a neti pot with saline water every morning to clear out the allergens and melt the thickened mucus in the sinuses.
- Clear your Throat: Gargle with saline water mixed with turmeric powder for 5 mins. Following this consume a teaspoon of honey for that calming effect.
- Oil the sensitive: : If your skin is sensitive then it is to be take care of, by massaging it with right oils. Neem oil is a potential anti – allergen. Essential oils like Tea tree, Rosemary and Lavender can also be used by combining them with base oils like Coconut and Avocado for sensitive skin.
- Clear the kapha: Avoid foods that slow down the digestion like cold, heavy food and drinks, processed food and meat, poultry, dairy, sugar wheat, aerated drinks, Cold and refrigerated drinks and left over.
- Keep fit:Exercise regularly every morning until you sweat profusely. It helps to stimulate digestion and eliminate toxins. Practice breathing techniques and pranayama that help oxygenate the tissues and enhance the muscles of the chest.
“Always treat the cause...never the symptoms”
WHY DO YOU DEVELOP AN ALLERGY VERY OFTEN ? WHICH ARE THE BEST PLANT BASED ANTI ALLERGENS ? CAN YOUR ALLERGIES BE PERMENANTLY CURED?GET TO KNOW YOUR BODY TODAY